Petra Painter’s Palette was inspired by the ivory palettes used by the ancient Egyptians. Constructed from sustainable maple and vegetable-tanned leather, the palette is a simple way to transport your favorite paints, whether you mix your own pigments or squeeze them from a tube.
In the wise words of Annie Dillard, “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.” At Peg and Awl, we are working to facilitate the making of art everyday and anywhere with objects that make packing and transport easy, whilst looking quite handsome.
The wood is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. FSC-certified wood was harvested from forests that are responsibly managed by environmentally conscious companies.
Photos from Peg and Awl.
- Sustainable Maple from the USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather cover
- 6 paint wells
- 1 mixing well sealed with natural EcoPoxy
- Designed to be used with watercolor and gouache paints
- Finished with tung oil
- Made for wet paints (doesn’t fit a standard half-pan)
- Type: Paint Palette
- Material: Maple Wood, Vegetable leather
- Inches: 7.5″ long by 2.5″ wide by 0.375″ thick
- Metric: 19.1 cm long by 6.4 cm wide by 1.0 cm thick
Paint Wells (×6):
- Inches: 0.875″ long by 0.5″ wide by 0.25″ deep
- Metric: 2.2 cm long by 1.3 cm wide by 0.6 cm deep
- Inches: 2.25″ long by 2″ wide by 0.25″ deep
- Metric: 5.7 cm long by 5.1 cm wide by 0.6 cm deep
PEG AND AWL GUARANTEE
Peg and Awl guarantees their products to be free of defects in the materials or
craftsmanship. They will be happy to replace any defective products.
Wear from normal usage is not included in this guarantee.
Peg and Awl believes firmly in creating enduring products whose lifespan can be
lengthened by repair. Many of the materials in their products have already seen at least one lifetime of use, and have accumulated stories which are now proudly displayed in the character of the objects. Each further marking, crack, or dent accumulated throughout each object’s new life – and the patches applied thereto – are further stories to proudly display. To contact them about repairs, please email
Peg and Awl with photographs at email@example.com and Peg and Awl will assess the repair needed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.