The Sendak Artist Roll is designed with the nomadic artist in mind. This treasure carries your current arsenal of tools with you from the studio to coffee shop to en plein air.
In the Kent family, the Sendak has become an interactive centerpiece. Placed in the center of a table or picnic blanket, a group of drawers and dreamers gathers ’round. A session begins and ends with the Sendak, filled with a bouquet of colors, brushes and pens. As its namesake Maurice Sendak wrote, “Let the wild rumpus start!” And get messy – because clean-up is easy!
Photos from Peg and Awl.
Actual product color may vary from the images shown.
- 10 oz. waxed duck canvas (14 oz. with wax)
- Vegetable-tanned leather strap
- Antique steel buckle
- Brass rivets
- 7 colors options
- 16 pen/pencil-sized pockets
- 4 inside flat pockets
- 1 zippered pocket (black YKK zipper with brass teeth)
- 2 large outside pockets
- Type: Tool Roll
- Material: Waxed Duck Canvas
- Weight: 9.5 oz (approx)
- Inches: 7.75″ tall by 7″ wide by 0.5″ deep
- Metric: 20.3 cm by 17.8 cm wide by 1.3 cm deep
- Inches: 10.75″ tall by 21.5″ wide
- Metric: 27.9 cm by 57.8 cm wide
- Inches: 16 @ 0.875″ wide by 3–5″ tall
- Metric: 16 @ 2.2 cm wide by 7.6–12.7 cm tall
Large Interior Pockets:
- Inches: 2 @ 2.5″ wide by 6″ tall; 2 @ 4.25″ wide (seam to seam) by 6″ tall
- Metric: 2 @ 6.4 cm wide by 15.2 cm tall; 2 @ 10.8 cm wide (seam to seam) by 15.2 cm tall
Large Exterior Pockets:
- Inches: 2 @ 6.5″ wide by 7.75″ tall
- Metric: 2 @ 16.5 cm wide by 19.7 cm tall
- Inches: 23.25″ long by 1″ wide
- Metric: 59.1 cm wide by 2.5 cm wide
- Inches: 1 @ 2.25″ wide by 7.75″ tall; 1 @ 4″ wide by 7.75″ tall
- Metric: 1 @ 5.7 cm wide by 19.7 cm tall; 1 @ 10.7 cm wide by 19.7 cm tall
- All pockets measured seam to seam.
PEG AND AWL GUARANTEE
Peg and Awl guarantees their products to be free of defects in the materials or
craftsmanship. They will be happy to replace any defective products.
Wear from normal usage is not included in this guarantee.
Peg and Awl believes firmly in creating enduring products whose lifespan can be
lengthened by repair. Many of the materials in their products have already seen at least one lifetime of use, and have accumulated stories which are now proudly displayed in the character of the objects. Each further marking, crack, or dent accumulated throughout each object’s new life – and the patches applied thereto – are further stories to proudly display. To contact them about repairs, please email
Peg and Awl with photographs at firstname.lastname@example.org and Peg and Awl will assess the repair needed.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.